FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR AUTO REPAIR
- No law requires you to get more than one estimate.
- You are not obligated to use any particular shop to obtain repairs. YOU choose the shop and authorize the repairs.
- The Insurance Company will NOT provide the warranty for your repairs; it is the collision shop’s responsibility. Auto Beauty warranties ALL of our work as long as you own your vehicle.
- You do not have to accept the Insurance Company’s appraisal of damage. Check the “Appraisal Clause” in your policy on how to resolve any differences.
- You are responsible for the cost of repairs. Financial arrangements must be completed before the car can be released.
- There is a big difference between shops. Any shop can give a lower price by leaving something out or overlooking parts. Our people are craftsmen and will do a good job of restoring your car at a fair price.
While every single insurance company will say it’s concerned about safety, the bottom line is that we carry the entire liability for the repair. The insurance companies are off the hook, and they know it.
We want our customers to know that the promise of a guarantee is not the same thing as a high quality, safe repair.
The insurance company might tell you that if you don’t go to shops on their preferred lists, your repairs might be delayed, without warranty or with non-covered costs.
This is all in the pursuit of steering you to their shops so they save money.